Connect legacy RS-422/485 devices to a USB port and get 2000V isolation from voltage spikes and ground loops. Universal Serial Bus (USB) has become the connectivity workhorse of today?s PCs, replacing the familiar serial ports. However, many commercial and industrial devices still use the RS-232 interface. To connect these devices to modern PCs and provide protection from electrical transients, you need a simple and reliable conversion solution. The USOPTL4DR-LS offers this solution. Simply plug the converter into an available USB port on your computer or USB hub and install the drivers supplied on CD ROM. The device will show up as additional COM ports in the Windows Device Manager which are fully compatible with your Windows applications. A one meter USB cable is included.
- Mounts on a standard 35mm DIN Rail
- Protect PCs and devices from surges and spikes
- High retention USB connectors offer minimum withdrawal strength of 15 Newtons
- 2000 V Optical Isolation
- LEDs on transmit and receive lines
- USB 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0 compatible (12 Mbps)
- Automatic configuration on Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7
- No power supply required (powered from USB bus)
- Includes a one meter USB cable
If you require a serialized version, select model number USOPTL4DR
Serialized – every unit is assigned a unique COM port, install process required for every unit, ideal application: fixed locations
Locked Serial Numbers – Same type model numbers shares the same COM port. Only requires only one install process for each model type. However, only one model type can be connected to a PC at any given time. This option is ideal for connecting a field service PC.