Redundant, ultra-fast recovery, easy configuration
|Fully managed||Manage network operation, configuration, and security via web interface|
|Redundant ring technology||Ultra-fast recovery time|
|Alarm outputs||Detect and report network irregularities before serious problems happen|
|Dual power inputs||Keeps power on continuously and applications running non-stop|
|IP30 case, DIN or panel mount||Ideal for industrial applications, hazardous environments|
|Gigabit options||Higher throughput speeds for high bandwidth networks|
The Elinx EIR500 and EIR600 series Industrial Managed
Ethernet Switches provide powerful functionality in an IP30
DIN mount package. Designed for industrial applications,
these switches contain all the standard features of other
switches, such at IGMP Snooping, Port Based VLAN, 802.1Q
Tag VLAN, auto MDI/MDI-X, auto negotiation, store and
forward switching, STP, RSTP, Web Based Management, Ingress
Packet Filtering, and Egress Rate Control.
These managed switches also come with important industrial
features to ensure reliability in an industrial application.
Redundant Ring Technology with coupling ring and dual
homing allows automatic recovery in less than 20ms for EIR600 series and less than 300ms for EIR500 series. Dual
power inputs ensure reliability. A relay alarm output for port
failure notification. If GIGABIT Ethernet is required, choose a
product from the EIR600 series.
- Conforms to IEEE 802.3 10Base-T, 802.3u 100Base-TX
- RJ-45 port supports auto MDI/MDI-X function
- Wide-range redundant power design on most models
- DIN rail and wall panel mount design
- Store-and-Forward switching architecture
- 4 priority queues per port
- Port based VLAN / 802.1 Q Tag VLAN
- IGMP with Query mode for multi media application
- Supports DHCP client
- Supports ingress packet filter and egress rate limit
- Relay alarm output for system events
- Reverse polarity protection on power inputs
- Port mirror for TX only
- IEEE 802.3x flow control
- Flow control on full-duplex
- Back pressure on half-duplex
- Redundant ring recovery time:
<20ms for EIR600 series
<300ms for EIR500 series
- Simple Network Time protocol (SNTP)
- IP security for management functions
- TFTP firmware update and systemconfiguration restore and backup
- SNMP, Web management, RMON supported
Each switch has an embedded HTML web site residing in flash
memory, offering advanced management features and allows
users to manage the switch from anywhere on the network
through a standard web browser.
Port mirroring is a method for monitoring traffic in switched
networks. Packets transmitted and received by a port can be
mirrored to another specified port. This allows network
administrators to monitor traffic.
A Virtual LAN (VLAN) is a logical network grouping that limits
the broadcast domain. This allows you to isolate network traffic
so that members of a VLAN will only receive traffic from other
members of the same VLAN. Creating a VLAN from a switch is
the logical equivalent of reconnecting a group of network
devices to another Layer 2 switch. However, since it is a virtual
network, the network devices remain connected to the same
switch physically. Both port-based and 802.1Q (tagged-based)
VLAN are supported.
The Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) is a
communications protocol used to manage the membership of
Internet Protocol multicast groups. IGMP is used by IP hosts to
establish multicast group memberships. This allows the port to
detect IGMP query and report packets and manage IP
multicast traffic through the switch.
These industrial switches incorporate a proprietary redundant ring protocol that help your network recover from connection failures within 300ms. The redundant ring algorithm is much like the spanning tree protocol (STP) algorithm but it has a much faster recovery time.
- Dual Homing prevents loss of connectivity between the redundant ring and the upper level switch.
- Coupling Ring connects two redundant rings together to create additional redundancy.