Universal Serial Bus (USB) has become the connectivity workhorse of today?s PCs, replacing the familiar serial ports. However, many commercial and industrial devices still an RS-485 (2-Wire) interface. To connect these devices to modern PCs, you need a simple and reliable conversion solution. B&B Electronics Mini USB to Serial Converters offer this solution in a space saving, USB Port powered package. Simply plug the converter into an available USB port on your computer or USB hub and install the drivers supplied on CD ROM. The device will show up as an additional COM port in the Windows Device Manager which is fully compatible with your Windows applications. A one meter USB cable is included.
- Use legacy serial devices with USB PCs and laptops
- Adds a COM port to your USB PC
- USB 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0 compatible (12 Mbps)
- Automatic configuration on Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7
- No power supply required (powered from USB bus)
- Includes 1 meter USB cable (USBAMBM-3F)
If you require a locked serial number, select model number 485USB9F-2W-LS.
Serialized – every unit is assigned a unique COM port, install process required for every unit, ideal application: fixed locations
Locked Serial Numbers – Same type model numbers shares the same COM port, requires only one install process for each model type, ideal application: field service.